220.127.116.119 (November 19, 2019)
- The 3D space options bar (at the bottom of the 3D space) is now partially collapsible (arrow on the far left of the bar)
- Fixed an issue with the 3-panel viewing option that locked out the Survey List Panel on a specific sequence
- QuickPlot issue with 3D space fixed
18.104.22.1689 (November 18, 2019)
- 3-Panel interface option available. Go to Settings and check the box on the very top left to toggle
- Settings: Removed the Gradient option for 2D Charts.
- Fixed the bug in the report when turning on interpolated options for targets or casings
- Using only solid curves in the case when users have different versions of HawkEye on the same computer
(Daily/BHA module) 22.214.171.1249 (November 1, 2019)
- Excel report output fixed: all Dailies or all BHAs
- BHA Builder and Tool List: OD and ID columns swapped
- Motor Report: SPP field now displayes On Bottom SPP instead of SPM
- Pre-BHA Report: more words can fit into the comments box
- Daily Report: "General Comments" label changed to "Job Comments"
126.96.36.1999 (October 17, 2019)
- Hydraulics reports: SI and API units tuned up
- Upon startup, new versions of HawkEye Field will become available through a pop-up, with download progress bar
- Upon adding a BHA in the Daily/BHA module, HawkEye's survey list BHA column will immediately make the new BHA available to associate with surveys
(Daily/BHA module) 188.8.131.529 (October 11, 2019)
- Pre BHA Report: OD and ID columns swapped
- Field Invoice Summary: County field in header now populates
- Job Overview tab: The Job Comments box has a much expanded character limit
184.108.40.2069 (October 11, 2019)
- Updated hydraulics report
- Fixed Google Earth launch issue
- Ability to export structures within a specific project
220.127.116.119 (Septemeber 24, 2019)
- EDM import screen cleaned up
- SF value in the Proximity tab updates more instantaneously
- LAS export: MD, INC and AZM columns reduced to 2 decimals
- LAS export: Invert Subsea Depth option takes effect in the LAS file
(Daily/BHA module) 18.104.22.1689 (September 18, 2019)
- Basic Excel End of Well Report added
- State and County added to the header of the Field Invoice Summary report
(Daily/BHA module) 1.9.04.2019 (September 4, 2019)
- BHA Manager: Bit number no longer reverts to previous number
- BHA Manager: Mx. Differential label is now accurately "Avg. Differential"
- Motor Report: Motor Failure Yes/No in header now reflects accurately
- Motor Report: NB Stab OD showing up now
- Motor Report: Rot/Total Hours now display two values and not one
(Daily/BHA module) 22.214.171.1249 (August 27, 2019)
- Tool List: Right-click on a selected Tool Type or Top/Bottom Connection down arrow to bring up "Custom Connections" and "Edit Connections" options
(Daily/BHA module) 126.96.36.1999 (August 16, 2019)
- Daily Items: BHAs will batch-change when a new BHA is selected
- BHA, Pre BHA and BHA Proposal Report: Re-ordered BHA items listed now in the right order
- Daily Items: When selecting "Sliding," no reversion or crashes
- Crash fixed when viewing BHA reports of BHAs with no daily activity (time in / time out)
- Pre BHA and BHA Lite Reports: Now showing Stab O.D. values
(Daily/BHA module) 188.8.131.529 (August 13, 2019)
- Postwell Reports: Dailies put into right order
- Daily Report: Casing lists over 3 are no longer causing overflow pages
- BHA crash related to Day In/Out fixed
- Daily Report: End time depth starts from chosen report time now
- Daily Report: Date selector fixed on the reports preview page
184.108.40.2069 (August 12, 2019)
- Crash related to Link Surveys in Daily Items fixed
(Daily/BHA module) 220.127.116.119 (August 9, 2019)
- Simple Post-well reports printable to PDF (All Dailies or All BHAs)
18.104.22.1689 (August 5, 2019)
- Various Hydraulics errors fixed
- Hydraulics: pump info and number of jets made read-only
22.214.171.1249 (July 23, 2019)
- Fixed bug that was preventing HawkEye from saving Tool Lists and Daily Costs to a copy of the database
(Daily/BHA module) 126.96.36.1999 (July 18, 2019)
- Crash involving deleting a BHA item fixed
- DAILY ITEMS: Flow rate auto-calculated if Pump Info is filled out
- Tool weights in TOOL LIST and BHA BUILDER autocalculates if left blank
188.8.131.529 (July 16, 2019)
- Regional formatting for numbers. Will handle copy-pasted surveys that contain commas instead of periods.
- The Hydraulics form can be activated for Proposal curves.
(Daily/BHA module) 184.108.40.2069 (July 15, 2019)
- Crash upon editing datagrids fixed
- DAILY ITEMS: Start and End Depths now carrying over from previous day correctly in all cases
- DAILY ITEMS: Can now select "0" or No BHA for a daily activity
- DAILY REPORTS: An "Includes Costs" version of the Daily Reports is now available
- MDF chooser removed from the WiNSurv2 import window
- PUMP INFO: Pumps are now indicated as active when typing in a name for one
(Daily/BHA module) 220.127.116.119 (July 9, 2019)
- DAILY ITEMS: DLS column populates with surveys after clicking "Link Surveys" and selecting the desired curve
- REPORTS: All four slide sheets contain DLS values. Must first link or enter surveys in Daily Items
(Daily/BHA module) 18.104.22.1689 (July 2, 2019)
- Totals calculations fixed in Field Invoice Summary and Cost Estimation reports
- Rotary footage/total footage fixed in Daily Report
- Fishing neck crash fixed in BHA Items
- Unit Conversion module stabilized
- Company Man and Lead Directional's name will always appear in reports
- Pump info display in Daily Reports fixed
(Daily/BHA module) 22.214.171.1249 (June 27, 2019)
- Calculation display fixed in the Cost Estimation report
- Hitting TAB as well as ENTER will both save entered data in the Daily Items
- Comment from Daily Manager now linked to Daily Report comment box
- Fields fixed in the Slide BHA Type 2 and Mud Motor reports
(Daily/BHA module) 126.96.36.1999 (June 26, 2019)
- Fixed an issue where companies created in a legacy HawkEye database weren't showing up in the module
- Fixed a Costs updating issue
- Fixed a costing totals error in Field Invoice Summary
(Daily/BHA module) 188.8.131.529 (June 24, 2019)
- AFE field in Job Overview added
- Isolated crash case fixed
(Daily/BHA module) 184.108.40.2069 (June 20, 2019)
- Bug fixed with logos that prevented reports from being generated
(Daily/BHA module) 220.127.116.119 (June 17, 2019)
- Further stabilization of the Casing window behavior and saving
- Motor Report fixes
18.104.22.1689 (June 14, 2019)
- Accomodate expanded Daily/BHA database information
(Daily/BHA module) 22.214.171.1249 (June 14, 2019)
- First Daily Item not showing up on new day in new job fixed
(Daily/BHA module) 126.96.36.1999 (June 13, 2019)
- Casing crash fixed
- Pump values reflected accurately in reports
- First Start Depth value on a new day will take
- Added to Cost items: RSS daily, Float, RSS Rebuild, RSS LIH Ins, MWD LIH Ins, Motor rebuild, Tool Damages
- Text wrap in Daily Manager comments
- Previous day's last entry copied over to new day's first entry
- Latest day selected loads up on launch
188.8.131.529 (June 5, 2019)
- Can run with the newly added Daily Items/BHA module without an internet connection.
- Splashscreen updated.
184.108.40.2069 (May 23, 2019)
- Integrated Daily Items and BHA reporting included in the main HawkEye program.
220.127.116.119 (May 9, 2019)
- Job Info will now always save if a new job is created on a new database.
18.104.22.1689 (April 22, 2019)
- Will update all .MDF databases to be more compatible with legacy WinSurv2 databases.
22.214.171.1249 (April 15, 2019)
- Added an edm/xml (Compass transfer file) functionality that gives user ability to choose point of origin from the HawkEye set of wells, which facilitates more data merging capabilities.
126.96.36.1999 (February 20, 2019)
- Fixed an issue where Excel and CSV reports were being generated blank.
188.8.131.529 (January 18, 2019)
- Added Nigeria Mid-Belt datum.
- Fixed an issue regarding database imports.
- Fixed an issue with Data Tree persistence of settings between startups.
- Fixed a problem where offsets were being applied to all slots in a structure regardless of user's preference.
184.108.40.2068 (September 21, 2018)
- Fixed an issue where choosing the "Cross Hair" as a designated target causes a crash.
220.127.116.118 (August 8, 2018)
- Back-on-Track projection behavior stabilized.
18.104.22.1688 (August 7, 2018)
- Anti-collision scan slowdown fixed.
- Directional Compass graphic in the 3D updated globally.
- Main interface colors changed.
22.214.171.1248 (July 19, 2018)
- Support added for the "s" vector for depth error when offshore
- Resolved some bugs regarding OWSG .IPM files
- Disabled the ability to change the Tool Type for offset wells
126.96.36.1998 (March 15, 2018)
- Added radio buttons at the top of the survey list panel to quickly pull up the surveys of the current work curve, proposal curve and currently active projection
- Added "Option 1" through "Option 8" tabs in the Multi-nudge projection, to allow for quickloading different scenarios
- Google Earth launches properly from the program
- The "Save" button in the Project Wizard is fixed
- The "Not Used" property can be checked for every survey, and not-used surveys are put into a separate retrievable list
188.8.131.527 (September 18, 2017)
- Anti-collision reports no longer force interpolated surveys
- F9 refreshes error model calculations
- The latest version of Google Earth and Google Earth Pro work with the geodetics export
- The Torque and Drag module is updated to version 184.108.40.2060
220.127.116.117 (June 7, 2017)
- Gave "Settings" its own tab at the top.
- Moved "Sight Editor" button to the bottom of the 3D space
18.104.22.1687 (May 26, 2017)
- Interface Change to Two-Panel: Changed from a four-panel main screen to a two-panel main screen, making the program 4K friendly, 1366x768 friendly, and more touchscreen friendly.
- Updated method for importing Compass files to match Compass's newest build
- Updated copyright footer date in QuickPlots
22.214.171.1247 (February 10, 2017)
- Google Earth plugin removed from geodetics form due to Google withdrawing support.
- Offline installation via USB enabled.
126.96.36.1997 (January 18, 2017)
- Removed Command Line and ScratchPad from Field Version
- Changed hotkeys for Advanced Uncertainty Display options
- Fixed BGGM2013 and BGGM2014 startup notices
- Added a blind survey tool
188.8.131.527 (January 9, 2017)
- Removed blue "drawer handles" in the 3D space to optimize 4K display
- Fixed Excel export issue
- Fixed Sidetrack creation issue
184.108.40.2066 (August 4, 2016)
- Added two casing sizes to the casing manager..
- Tweaked the "Append" (Field Version) and "Apply to Proposal" (Well Planning Version) to be more consistent
220.127.116.116 (June 30, 2016)
- Manual changes to magnetics will save properly across the program under all circumstances.
- .KML files render properly in the Google Earth plugin.
18.104.22.1686 (June 16, 2016)
- InstallShield Installation: Now fully compatible with Windows 10.
- Specific version control: Each license key will be able to download the maximum maintenance version paid for that key.
22.214.171.124 (December 9, 2015)
- Dynamic (constant) Back-on-Track projection to any point on the Proposal. Dramatic increases in calculation speed allows the user to now run a Back-on-Track projection from the Current Work Curve to the Current Proposal Curve anywhere the Look-At Point is located. Do this by going into the Proposal Mode, then activating the BOT projection. Move up and down the proposal and the BOT projection will instantly update to that MD.
126.96.36.199 (December 4, 2015)
- Improved Aligned projection: calculation speed increased approximately 100x. Also DLS1+DLS2 feature added.
- Improved Back-on-Track projection: calculation speed increased approximately 100x. Also DLS1+DLS2 feature added.
- Speed of Interpolated Report generation greatly increased.
188.8.131.52 (September 30, 2015)
- Sidetracks downhole adopt the uncertainty ellipse at tie-in instead of starting with zero uncertainty.
- Lithology editor is more stable when deleting a layer.
- Previous surveys are included in a report when adding a sidetrack.
- Comma key functionality restored: toggles the directional compass in the 3D space
- Report Generator: A message will appear when the program is crunching numbers instead of working silently and making you think the program has crashed.
- "System time not set properly" message no longer not erroneously appears on startup.
- Target deleting is more consistently refreshed in the Data Tree.
184.108.40.206 (July 22, 2015)
- Well planning module greatly stabilized. Will hold projection values more consistently.
220.127.116.11 (February 8, 2015)
- No more updates for licenses out of maintenance. Only HawkEye license holders who keep up with the annual software maintenance fee will have access to the latest version of the software. If a customer is NOT current on maintenance, they will have access to version 18.104.22.168.
22.214.171.124 (December 4, 2014)
- Elimination of the Graphics Property Manager dialogue: Most graphics property settings can be accessed through the ribbon menu system at the top of the main screen.
2D Grid: These options are all under the “2D Charts” in the main screen.
Axis Labels: These are also found under the “2D Charts” in the main screen.
3D Options: These options can now be found under “3D Screen” in the main screen.
Well Display: Well translucency control is at the bottom of the 3D window.
Uncertainty Options: All uncertainty display in the 3D is located under Special Tools.
The Labels Manager still has its own dialogue. Launch it from the far-right button under the 2D Charts tab.
- Compass Text File Importing: It can now be done. Furthermore, it has been made simpler, eliminating the need to pre-configure the file before importing.
- “Show 2D Ellipses” is now accessible directly in the VS View of the main screen.
- .EDM imports are cleaner, now excluding unneeded prototype wells. This conserves memory and makes importing faster.
- The Curve right-click menu has been reduced and streamlined.
- The 3D screen freeze problem can be fixed with the “Reset 3D” button under Special Tools.
126.96.36.199 (August 14, 2014)
- When switching meters to feet or vice versa in the Project settings, surveys will now convert in the Well Planning mode without issues.
- When switching meters to feet or vice versa, the elevation of structure/pads will update correctly.
- Magnetics reports: Lat and long values are now consistent between preview and output.
- Auto comments denoting stations with no changes are now no longer generated.
- In the Data Tree, slot/wellheads are now sorted by Name by default instead of Distance.
- Various buttons in the program that looked greyed out now look normal.
188.8.131.52 (August 10, 2014)
- All computers running the version 184.108.40.206 and previous ones have to go to our homepage to download the latest version because "Check for updates" inside HawkEye will not download updates.
- Fixed a bug when a user wants to download job data from a WinSurv2.mdb database.
220.127.116.11 (May 28, 2014)
- Two logos in reports: Add two logos (top left and top right) in reports. Click on "Load Logo" in the report generator and choose the logo for Company and Client.
18.104.22.168 (May 15, 2014)
- No more automatic check for updates: HawkEye™ will not check for updates each time the program is launched from the shortcut. To check for updates, go to the Help tab at the top and then click on the "Check for Updates" button on the left.
22.214.171.124 (April 18, 2014)
- VSP for each curve can be edited under "Curve Data." To access a curve's "curve data," right-click on the curve in the 3D space or Data Tree and select "Edit Curve Data."
126.96.36.199 (March 15, 2014)
- Moving from Access 97 to SQL Local DB: In the interest of keeping the program light, SQL Local DB is now used as the underlying database structure for the program. The result is a startup time that is 8-40x faster, as well as the ability to integrate the local database installation into central SQL servers. To install the SQL Local DB, please refer to the HawkEye Download page.
188.8.131.52 (February 21, 2014)
- Traveling Cylinder Plot: The QuickPlot now contains a Traveling Cylinder plot.Activate it from the very top right of the QuickPlot window. It will bring up a special set of settings and controls for the TC.
- All Basic HawkEye Tools added to QuickPlot: Now users can add surveys, run projections and view proximity from within the QuickPlot. All these basic tools are found under the Projection Tools tab in the QuickPlot panel on the right.
- Some logical rearrangement of QuickPlot buttons in the panel.
- Memory leak issue resolved involving the “Save as” function. Robust and more reliable “Save” dialogue implemented.
184.108.40.206 (January 8, 2014)
- Autosave: HawkEye will automatically save survey data to the database every 2, 5, 10, 20 or 30 minutes (default 5 minutes). Change the setting under “Graphics Properties> 3D Cage.”
- UD/LR and NS/EW numbers in the Proximity chart now match those in Reports, wherein the number describes the position of the referenced well and not the offset well.
- The Add Target button will create a new target at the Look-at point.
- Autolabel frequency for 2D plots and QuickPlots are now functional.
- Color boxes in the Proximity chart are now consistent and stable.
- Multi-nudge panel will no longer persist over QuickPlot and Reports.
- Creating a target from the red waypoint is now fixed.
220.127.116.11 (December 20, 2013)
- Line thickness controls added under the Graph Properties in QuickPlot
- Data Tree Icons updated. For visual clarity.
- Data Tree Search function has been upgraded.
- Data Tree Target Organizationhas been upgraded to allow expand/collapse of lists of targets
- Mag v. Highside threshold control has been moved from the Sight Editor to the Proximity Panel in the main screen.
- The“Create Target at This Point” option in the Curve Menu has been simplified.
- The auto-increase field in the Survey Editor now retains the value that its given
18.104.22.168 (December 13, 2013)
- Save button added. A Save button is located on the far left of the Home ribbon. The button saves all survey data to the database instead of having to close the program and reopen it.
- Projection saving is easier. After activating a projection, it can be saved as a new curve more easily by either 1) Right-clicking on the projection in the 3D and selecting “Save as new proposal” or 2) Opening the current curve menu (projection must be active) and selecting the highlighted option to save.
- Quickly add a target at a survey station. Select a survey in the Survey List Panel at the bottom of the main screen, then press Shift+T. This will create a target at that survey station.
- BOT button restored.
22.214.171.124 (November 1, 2013)
- Metric Inputs for Casing. Set casing sizes to "SI" from the Project Data form. (Right-click on a project in the Data Tree and select "Edit Project")
- Custom projection survey intervals. Instead of just 20 measurement units for each projection station, user can define the interval in the 3D Cage form (Right-click on the 3D background and select "3D Cage Properties")
- Hard line and lease line creation more streamlined. The Coordinates Editor and the Adjuster form have been combined into one form for ease of use.
- Curve Data: "Survey Type" now reads "Curve Type. Within that dropdown menu, "Survey" now reads "Survey (Work)"
126.96.36.199 (October 25, 2013)
- Compass File Transfer Filter. Large edm.xml files containing hundreds or thousands of wells can be imported quickly by importing only the wells within a radius. The radius is defined by a central "referenced well" and extends out to a user-defined separation factor ranging from 2.5 to 100. All wells under the defined separation factor will be imported, and all others will be excluded.
- The 2D ellipses in the QuickPlot will display for all curves and not just the curves under the reference slot.
188.8.131.52 (October 15, 2013)
- Report Generator interface expanded.
o Tabs at the bottom left expand organization of functions
o Selecting the Anti-Collision or Criticality report will open a special tab
o Left- and right- click on the report preview page to zoom in and out
- Interpolated surveys can be used in Anti-collision reports
- “Max inclination (TVD approach)”:In interpolated reports, target-to-curve interpolation will use least distance under a defined threshold, then TVD plane above that threshold.
- Fixed Excel launch issue in Report Generator
- Fixed handling of multiple RKB values under a single slot-- TVD calculations will refresh when switching between (designating as “current”) curves under one slot.
184.108.40.206 (August 27, 2013)
- Update to a ribbon menu system. All program functionality has been reorganized into a consolidated ribbon-style menu system. There are five ribbons, controlled from tabs at the top. The Home ribbon contains the most-often used tools.
- Quick Access Tab:Users can create a custom toolbar that resides just below the ribbon at the top of the screen. Just right-click on any object in any ribbon menu and select “Add to Quick Access Tab.”
- Display Theme: Under the “View” tab, users can choose from one of seven color schemes for the menu system.
220.127.116.11 (August 1, 2013)
- Update from .NET Framework 3.5 to 4.0:
ATTN: Users with Windows 7 and below- You must reboot your machine after upgrading from HawkEye 18.104.22.1686 to 22.214.171.124 for the prompt from Microsoft to update your .NET framework.
- Multi-Nudge: This projection allows the user to string together multiple nudge (quija) projections simultaneously.
- UAC no longer affects installation: For version 883 and beyond, the User Account Control (UAC) does not need to be turned off in order to install the program. NOTE: Installing with a disc containing an older version still requires turning off UAC.
- Full suite of hotkeys implemented. (See User’s Manual or page 16 of QuickStart Guide)
- In Windows 8, no more SmartScreen messages when updating
- Report header column sizing tweaked.
126.96.36.1997 (July 15, 2013)
- Program calculation efficiency: The underlying data-handling structure of the program has been optimized to increase start times and in-program calculations anywhere from 5x to 25x faster, resulting in a dramatically crisper user experience.
- Full suite of hot keys: A majority of the Main Screen functionality has been mapped to hotkeys on the keyboard. A map of those hotkeys can be found in the latest User’s Manual and QuickStart Guide.
188.8.131.521 (June 3, 2013)
- Anti-Collision Report: This replaces the “Least Distance Report” and contains a substantial number of proximity-related values:
o Between Centers:The minimum 3D distance between the reference and offsets
o Between Ellipses:Distance between ellipses
o Minimum Separation: The minimum allowable separation distance. This is generally calculated according the ruleset being used. The default rule is that the minimum separation is the sum of the ellipses radii. With a pedal curve calculation, that means the distance to the pedal curves.
o Reference: Length from projected 2D ellipse onto Reference TVD plane
o Offset: Length from projected 2D ellipse onto Offset well TVD plane
o Highside toolface: This is the toolface angle on the normal plane of the reference well that lines up with the offset well.
o +/- N-Plane: Distance the center of the offset well behind or in front of reference point
o Separation Factor: ratio of the center to center distance divided by the sum of the ellipses radii.
o Criticality/Warning: Level 1 is lowest danger, and 5 is highest
§ SF: Indicates that the survey-station has the minimum Separation factor for the current offset well.
§ ES: Indicates that the survey-station has the minimum Separation between ellipses for the current offset well.
§ CC:Indicates that the survey-station has the minimum center to center distance for the current offset well.
- Miner Mode: in the Report Generator, when turned on, all inclination values will have 90 deg. subtracted from them.
184.108.40.2063 (May 2, 2013)
- Expanded Survey Paste Options:When survey-stations or critical points are copied from a spreadsheet/CSV, they can be pasted in one of five different ways, including under a new slot/wellhead.
- Target Plane fixed: Creating a target plane from scratch will produce a more expansive and logically placed plane
- QuickPlot fix: no longer is a proposal curve required
- Site error for calculating separation factor fixed
220.127.116.116 (Apr 5, 2013)
- QuickPlot: An entirely new module has been added which greatly simplifies process of creating smaller-sized plots. By using a direct What-You-See-Is-What-You-Get interface, the HawkEye QuickPlot takes very little time to learn. It can be used to make sharp letter-size plots on the go.
- Delete Well Plan Templates (Well planning version only): Well plan profiles other than the defaults can now be deleted by selecting them and pressing the new “Delete” button nearby the dropdown list.
18.104.22.1682 (Feb 11, 2013)
- Improved Paste Survey Options: Pasting in surveys is now greatly improved. First copy a list of surveys with the first three columns MD, INC and AZM, in that order. Then when right-clicking in the 3D space or in the Survey List Panel in HawkEye, you get several options:
o Paste Survey List as New Curve: Takes whichever surveys you have copied and puts them into a new curve under your current slot. You will be prompted to name that slot and designate any tie-in info if applicable.
o Paste Survey List Over Current Curve: Replaces your current curve with the surveys you just copied. “Current curve” means the current of either your Work or Proposal curve, depending on which mode you’re in, W or P.
o Paste Critical Points As New Proposal Curve: If you copied a list of critical points, this will paste them in as a new curve, then automatically interpolate (generate surveys in between) with a default frequency of surveys every 30 feet on a curvature and every 100 feet on straight tangents. NOTE: A typical list of critical points is 5-8 surveys. If you try to paste more, HawkEye will prompt you. If it is over 20 surveys, HawkEye will not let you paste as critical points.
o Paste Critical Points Over Current Proposal Curve: This is the same as the option above, but replaces your current curve.
NOTE: The other way to interpolate a list of critical points is to enter the critical points in as surveys, then go to the Report Generator, for Report Type choose “Interpolate Survey,” put in your interpolation frequency, then click “Keep Curve.”
NOTE: If you copy surveys and include the header for the columns, you can include tie-in information, namely the TVD, N-S and E-W of the first survey. But make sure the first three columns are still MD, INC and AZM in that order.
NOTE: There is still no option to append (paste surveys to the end or beginning) of a survey list.
- Multi-well Least Distance Reports: Now in the Report Generator when choosing the Least Distance report type, you can compare more than two curves with each other. Just use the check boxes under the “Compared Curve” dropdown list on the left to choose which curves to compare. The report will clearly indicate which curves you are comparing at the top of each page.
- Pasting .SAY Curve Files: Now there are three easy ways to bring a .SAY file into HawkEye:
- Right-click on the .SAY file in Windows without having to open it, and select “Copy,” then in HawkEye right-click in the Data Tree and select “Paste .SAY surveys.” It will appear in the current slot you are in. NOTE: This method works with EDM files as well as WinServe .SVY files. -OR-
- Drag the .SAY file from Windows and drop it into the 3D space in Windows. It will automatically appear under the current slot you are in. -OR-
- Go to File and select “Import WinServe .SAY File, select the file from the explorer and it will appear as a curve under the current slot you are in.
- Meters Displayed in Platform/Pad Manager(Well Planning only): When meters are the chosen geodetic unit, meters will display in the list grid in the Platform/Pad Manager
22.214.171.1249 (Jan 31, 2013)
- Data Items Renamed: Most data items in the Data Tree (and anywhere else referenced) have been relabeled for clarity:
o “FIELD/PROJECT” is now “FIELD/COMPANY”
o “Structure” is now “Platform/Pad”
o “Slot” is now “Slot/Wellhead”
- 3D Text Display for Distance: Text in the 3D space will display the proximity to the closest curve (and lease line) when the Proximity tool is activated.
- Project Control Panel background color restored. Background colors for the Data Tree have been changed from white to blue&gray.
126.96.36.1997 (Dec 3, 2012)
- Survey Markers: The wells in 3D space now have markers at each survey station. They can be turned on by going to Well Display and checking the box on the right labeled “Show Survey Markers.”
o Survey Data: Right-click on a survey marker in the 3D space (green ball) to get the survey data for that station.
- BHA Detail: A BHA list can be pulled up from the Survey Marker if a job has been loaded from WinSurv2 (right-click on a curve and select Job Information to see). After a WinSurv2 job has been designated, make sure that a BHA has been associated with that survey (right-click on the main survey list colored header at the bottom of the screen and select “Survey Grid Manager,” then make sure “BHA ID” is in your list of displayed columns. Then assign the BHA to the survey and all those below it through the grid list).
- UD/NS and LR/EW in the survey grid: Display UD/LR in the survey grid for each survey in the current work curve. Make sure to add the UD/LR data column to the survey grid by right-clicking on the main survey list colored header at the bottom of the screen and selecting “Survey Grid Manager,”then moving the UD/LR columns to the right under “Current Columns.”
188.8.131.525 (Oct 29, 2012)
- “Quija” is now called “Nudge”in order to appeal to commonality. NOTE: For a short time after release of this version, some portions of the program may still refer to the nudge projection as “quija.” Think of them interchangeably until the changeover is complete.
- “Mosquito” is now “Proximity” for the sake of commonality.
- “Proximity Plot” is now “Ladder Plot” for the sake of commonality.
- Issues with ghost projections persisting in the 3D space have been eliminated.
- Issues with the Append tool have been fixed.
184.108.40.2063 (Aug 23, 2012)
- Interactive Proximity Lines: When the Mosquito Plot is turned on, the 3D space displays highly visible proximity lines that, when clicked on, display a dynamic proximity information card.
- Projections in Reports: Now projections can be included in all reports, clearly labeled under their projection type. Additionally, projection-only reports can be generated from the Report Generator with ease.
- 3D Lighting: Many lighting options have been added for the 3D objects. These options are found under “3D Lighting” in the Graphics Properties dialogue.
220.127.116.119 (July 20, 2012)
- Faster Bootup and Shutdown: Bootup of the program is several times faster, and shutdown takes a fraction of the time it used to.
- Snapshot excludes save form: Taking a snapshot will no longer include the save form dialogue wherein the user names the snapshot file.
- Reports UD/LR Values Clarified: Now the Up/Down and Left/Right distance columns in the Survey Report describe the referenced curve and not the current proposal curve. Furthermore, surveys which reflect an inclination under the threshold (Mag. > Highside, set in the Sight Editor on the bottom right) will display as North/South or East/West of the current proposal curve. All values UD/LR and NS/EW are now expressed in positive or negative values.
18.104.22.1683 (July 3, 2012)
- Updated View Modes: Split Mode is now the default instead of the “All” View. The principle difference is that there are two center windows instead of one big and two small, and these two center windows can be swapped out to display any of six different view modes.
- Updated Tabs: The tabs at the top of the main view windows have been reduced in size for more space efficiency.
- Eliminated Secondary Toolbar: The toolbar above the projections toolbar has been eliminated. Each of the functions has either been moved to a different place or eliminated, as follows:
Work Mode/Proposal Mode Toggle: Made larger and put into main Toolbar below.
Sight Toggle:Made larger and put into main Toolbar below.
Floor Grid Modes: Removed entirely.
Casing and Lithology: Move to the Top Toolbar.
Ellipsoid and Cylinder Modes: Moved to the Top Toolbar.
Zoom in/Zoom Out:Moved to the bottom left corner of the 3D space.
Highside Up Mode and Reset Driller’s View:Consolidated into large button in main Toolbar below.
- Improved top icons: Made to match each other, with labels removed to take up less space. The Casing, Lithology, and Ellipse/Cylinder buttons have dropdown list functionality.
22.214.171.1241 (June 27, 2012)
- Updated Mosquito Plot: The Mosquito (proximity) Plot now has a cleaner graph interface, more distinctive icons, and can be scaled to any size. Also clearer is the High Side (black) vs. North Reference (red) arrows on the graph.
- “Save PDF” in Plot Designer: The “Print to .PDF” button in the Plot Designer is now “Save to PDF,” and will quickly port whatever is displayed on the Designer to a PDF file.
- HASP driver updated: To version 6.23, for enhanced security.
126.96.36.1999 (June 18, 2012)
- Sight Improved: The resolution of the Sight in the 3D space has been drastically increased for a cleaner look with easier to read numbers. Users may need to open up the Sight Editor one time in order to initialize re-rendering.
- 3D Label Manager: A 3D Labels tab has been added to the Graphics Properties Manager dialogue, allowing users to control how the Comments and Annotations are displayed in the 3D space.
- Proximity Numbers in 3D: When proximity is turned on (by checking the box under Mosquito Plot that says “Calculate Proximity”), only the closest approach will be displayed by number in the 3D space. This eliminates the crowded field of numbers generated by multiple adjacent wells. All proximity data for all wells are still displayed in the Mosquito Plot list panel.
188.8.131.522 (May 16, 2012)
- Split View: This view allows users to see any of the main view modes side by side to one another, while still keeping open the Data Tree/Project Control Panel and the Surveys list.
- Expand/Collapse Panels: All the side panels in the default view can now be collapsed. The Survey List Panel collapse button will toggle expand the list of surveys to take up the whole screen. Find the collapse/expand buttons all along the inside edge of the 3D window.
- Make Targets on a Target Plane: Once a target plane is created (by clicking on the large target icon in the main screen and selecting “Create Target Plane”) and positioned (right-click on the target and select “Adjust Target Plane”) you can now create a regular target on the target plane with the blue “handle” crosshair. Just drag the handle to where on the target you want it to be, then right-click on the handle and select “Save as Permanent Target.”
- Window Resizing Simplified: Now to resize the 3D window or the survey list panel, only one border need be grabbed. That border is the one just above the survey list panel.
184.108.40.2065 (May 6, 2012)
- Expand/Collapse Toolbars: All four toolbars in the Main Screen can now be collapsed out of view with Expand/Collapse buttons found inside the 3D space, in the top right and bottom right of the 3D window.
- Floating Directional Compass: A constant directional compass can be turned on from the Sight options which indicate due north at any given point on a curve. The Directional Compass always keeps a horizontal orientation, and is always the same size as what the Sight is set to.
- Added the ability to control the translucency of lithology as displayed in the 3D space. The control is located inside the Lithology dialogue.
220.127.116.118 (April 20, 2012)
- Display-only fields in Sidetrack and other dialogues are a darker blue, to signify clearly that they are not editable.
- The Add Sidetrack option is now available in the curve right-click menu as accessed from the Data Tree. Tie-in by default will be the current look-at point in the 3D space, but can easily be changed in the Add Sidetrack dialogue.
- Survey Editor (Big Blue Plus Sign icon) has been greatly stabilized, now allowing for free and easy editing of surveys inside the editor with zero crashes.
- Survey Editor no longer has an unresponsive comments field. Now just add comments by clicking in the comment field in the survey and typing it in. Pressing Enter or Tab will immediately post the comment to the survey.
18.104.22.1685 (April 2, 2012)
- Fixed Append button on/off logic.
- Added four HawkEye Commands that greatly expand well planning capabilities in the Field Version:
- Fix to End (“FIXTOEND”)- (Proposal curve only) Shifts the entire curve such that the end of the current curve ends at the input TVD, and extends the beginning of the curve vertically all the way back up to the surface. Use this to build your curve first, then drop it down to the desired TVD. (Use a negative value to reduce final TVD).
- Fix to TVD (“FIXTOTVD”)- (Proposal curve only) Shifts the entire curve up or down the specified depth in TVD. Any additional distance from the surface is automatically extended vertically. Use this to shift an entire curve a specified depth. (Use a negative value for a reduction in TVD).
- Rotate To (“ROTATETO”)- Rotates the current curve to a specified final angle. Useful in adjusting an entire plan.
- Surface From (“SURFACEFROM”)- Solves for a surface location by attaching the end of the current curve to a specified target (retaining final INC and AZM), then extending the beginning of that curve all the way up to the surface. (NOTE: Every time you execute this command, it creates a new slot with a new curve that hits your target).
22.214.171.1240 (March 23, 2012)
- Added navigation and camera hotkeys that essentially eliminate the need for a Hyperscroll mouse (although still nice to have one). The following keys now do the following:
- Improved help button to include (this) Version Changelog, as well as weblinks to video tutorials and the latest User’s Manual.
- Enabled all large-button projections in the Proposal Mode (except for Bit Projection, since that is only used from the end of a Work Curve or Work Curve projection).
- Added an “Append” button which allows user to quickly append whatever active projection is being displayed to the currently selected curve.
- Consolidated the Work Mode and Proposal Mode selector buttons into a single toggle button, which also acts as an indicator to users as to which mode they are currently in.
- Consolidated the Sight (bullseye image along the look-at point) buttons into one button so that users just cycle through the four options of whether a sight is on or off. The options for the Work Sight and Proposal Sight are: ON ON, ON OFF, OFF ON and OFF OFF. Right clicking on the button still brings up the Sight Editor dialogue.
126.96.36.1999 (March 13, 2012)
- Removed Polygon Editor
- Under Target Selector, added an “Add Target Plane” function that allows user to generate a target plane from scratch. Different from previous versions where target planes were only created through the Horizontal Projection dialogue or right-clicking on a tangent of a curve.
- Under Command line, the SLANTKOP command can aim for Target Planes (be sure to set target plane as “Horizontal Target Plane”).The SLANTKOP will extend to the end of the designated horizontal target plane at whatever hold direction is defined, but strike that plane at the earliest possible closure distance with the DLS given.